Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Field of Wildflowers

Since my last post we have acquired a new puppy. Even though she is adorable and we love her tremendously I have to wonder, WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! As if a 5 year old, 4 year old, and 8 month old were not enough, I just had to have that sweet little stray from the animal rescue. That little puppy is taking a tremendous amount of energy and time.

One of our daily chores for the puppy is an afternoon walk. Most afternoons Sarah Grace, Tyler, Brayden, Mazie Rose (the puppy), and I head out for a quick stroll around the neighborhood. As we are walking we pass by a house whose yard could really use some TLC. Suddenly Sarah Grace stops, gasps, and says, “Mom look at all those beautiful flowers!" I have no idea what she is talking about because all I see is a yard full of those little purple weeds so I replied, “Sweetie those are not flowers, they are weeds." She looks at me as though I have lost my mind and says, “Mom, that yard is not full of weeds it is a field of pretty purple flowers!" As we continue our walk it occurs to me that maybe I need to begin looking at life as a beautiful field of wild flowers instead of a yard full of weeds. Leave it to my 5 year old to give me a change in perspective!

3 comments:

  1. Rain and flowers instead of storms and weeds. Kind of like surf and turf with an ocean view instead of vienna sausages and tuna in the sand, huh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sarah Grace! I have been waiting for this post, girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to look at it. They know how to change our perspective don't they...

    ReplyDelete